In the good-old-bad-old days in Michigan when there were lots of closets left, the citizens of this one-horse mining town called Gay started a 4th of July celebration they called their ‘Gay Parade’. This continues to be their main claim to fame as the only other feature is an abandoned stamping mill. Joseph E. Gay who built it in 1898 may or may not be amused to know the local watering hole sells merchandise like Hello T-Shirts and Gay Bar G-Strings.